Overdrive/Libby | Hoopla| Ebsco eBooks | RbDigital
What is it?
Magzter provides a wide selection of digital magazines that can be accessed on mobile devices and tablets as well as on computers. Magazines are in English, Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Arabic.
How do patrons access it?
- Download the Magzter Library app from the Apple Store or the Google Play Store (please note they need to use the Magzter Library app not the standard Magzter app).
- Once downloaded enter an email address, receive an OTP code and then select their library and enter a library card number.
- Magzter can also be accessed in a browser at https://mgztr.co/libraryapp.
We would be happy to help you with any of these features at the library!
OverDrive is is a program that allows you to access ebooks, digital audiobooks and movies from your computer, dedicated e-reader, tablet, smart phone, or other devices. OverDrive is provided to our patrons through Southern Virginia Libraries United Electronically (SOVALUe), a multi-library system consortium which provides more of the content you want when you want it!
You can borrow 5 items at a time using Overdrive (SOVALUe) / Libby.
Libby is the new and very easy to use app for your phone or Apple device.
Stop by the Circulation Desk at the library and a staff member will be happy to assist you!
- You will need a Central Virginia Regional Library (CVRL) card to borrow e-books.
- E-books check out for 7, 14 or 21 days. You can change your default checkout period.
- Users can have 5 digital items checked out at one time. Many items can be returned early if needed.
- Users will never receive late fees – the files automatically stop working at the end of their checkout period, and/or the user can simply delete them at or before the end of the checkout period.
- Digital items can only be checked out to one person at a time. Therefore some items may be unavailable and users will need to place a hold.
How to use the OverDrive (SOVALUe) website
- Go to the OverDrive (SOVALUe) website and click Sign in in the top right corner.
- Click on Central Virginia Regional Library from the drop-down list.
- Enter your library card number (found on the back of your library card).
- Click Sign In.
Searching for digital items
- At the top of the page, click Subjects to search by subject.
- Click Collections to see a list of all collections and to search within them.
- Click Search to search by title, author, etc.
- Once you find an item, click Borrow to check out the item. If the item is currently being read by another user you will have the option to Place a hold.
- To view the items you have borrowed, click My account and then click Loans. You can have up to 5 items borrowed at a time.
You can download or stream 8 items per calendar month from Hoopla. The month resets on the first of the month. Your library card must initially be linked to an email account. Once you login one time, it saves your login information.
How to access Hoopla
- Download the app from the Apple Store or the Google Play Store or go to hoopladigital.com.
- Register with your library card.
- Create account with your email address to access free digital movies, music and book
Universal Class offers the highest quality online courses for patrons interested in the lifelong pursuit of knowledge for either personal or professional reasons.
- Over 500 courses, both self-paced and instructor-led
- Can be enrolled in up to 5 classes at a time
- 24/7 access to courses through the library’s website
- Certified instructors available to answer your questions and assess your performance
- Opportunities to connect with other students for an authentic classroom experience
- Accredited as an authorized provider by the International Association for Continuing Education Training (IACET),
- offering continuing education units on all qualifying courses