OverDrive is convenient and easy to use, allowing you to access ebooks, digital audiobooks and movies from your computer, dedicated e-reader, tablet, smart phone, or other devices.
You can borrow 5 items at a time from Overdrive/Libby.
Libby is the new and very easy to use app for your phone or Apple device.
Stop by the Circulation Desk at the library and a staff member will be happy to assist you!
- You will need a CVRL library card to borrow e-books.
- E-books check out for 7, 14 or 21 days. You can change your default checkout period.
- Users can have 5 digital items checked out at one time. Many items can be returned early if needed.
- Users will never receive late fees – the files automatically stop working at the end of their checkout period, and/or the user can simply delete them at or before the end of the checkout period.
- Digital items can only be checked out to one person at a time. Therefore some items may be unavailable and users will need to place a hold.
How to use the OverDrive website
Logging in to OverDrive account
- Go to the OverDrive website and click Sign in in the top right corner.
- Click on Central Virginia Regional Library from the drop-down list.
- Enter your library card number (found on the back of your library card).
- Click Sign In.
Searching for digital items
- At the top of the page, click Subjects to search by subject.
- Click Collections to see a list of all collections and to search within them.
- Click Search to search by title, author, etc.
- Once you find an item, click Borrow to check out the item. If the item is currently being read by another user you will have the option to Place a hold.
- To view the items you have borrowed, click My account and then click Loans. You can have up to 5 items borrowed at a time.
You can download or stream 4 items per month from Hoopla. The month resets on the first. Your library card must initially be linked to an email account. Once you login one time, it saves your login information. We would be happy to help you at the library!